Moncton Basketball Association is hiring!
Title: Youth Basketball Coordinator
Location: Moncton, NB
Type of Employment: Full time, 16 week contract (May 8 – August 25, 2023)
Closing Date: April 14, 2023
How to apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Moncton Basketball Association:
Moncton Basketball Association was established in 1981 to serve the Moncton community and is the largest basketball association in the province. The MBA has over 700 members and over 100 volunteers in programs ranging from recreational to competitive leagues. Moncton Basketball Association’s mission is to grow the game of basketball by making it accessible for youth of all ages and skill levels.
About the Position:
The Youth Basketball Coordinator will have hands-on involvement in a variety of youth programs; primarily our youth summer basketball camps. This person will provide leadership, guidance and supervision for all summer camp participants and coaches. This person will also work with MBA staff and volunteers to run spring programming and prep for Fall programming.
The position will operate on a 35 hour work week, however, during camp weeks the hours may increase. These additional hours can be flexed in off camp weeks.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field such as Education, Sport Administration, Organizational Development and minimum 1 year related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- Experience working in a camp environment
- Knowledge of basketball teaching concepts
- Capable of working independently and taking initiative
- Time management and effective organizational skills
Desired Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for planning and execution of youth basketball camps.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the camp. This includes but is not limited to:
- management of daily camp schedule and skills curriculum, - maintaining great public relations with parents and/or guardians,
- ensuring camp is a fun and safe environment at all times
- Provide top-notch client service by communicating efficiently and professionally with all our clients. This includes but is not limited to the following people:
- youth participants
- parents and guardians
- All volunteers within the Moncton Basketball Association
- Community facilities rental and management staff
- Community stakeholders
- Work in a team environment with MBA staff and volunteers to plan and execute association objectives by sharing resources, making decisions, solving conflicts, and negotiating within a team
- Clearly communicate MBA programs and events via website, social media, in-person presentations and other networking and community events. Respond to questions via email, phone and in-person
- Provide onsite program leadership with children and staff.
- Assist with various MBA programs and events including 3on3 tournament, fall programming and skills training sessions.
- Building and updating necessary data reports and program schedules and timelines
- Coaching camps and clinics
- Booking court and room rentals at local facilities
- Responsible for ordering and managing inventory of camp gear, prizes, and any additional program items
- Market and promote MBA programs and special projects
- Use various digital technology programs to manage and promote events. This includes:
- TeamSnap (registration management), MailChimp (communication), email (communication), Asana(project and team planning), Canva (graphic design), Adobe (documents),WordPress (website) also Google Programs and Microsoft Office